As a partner in our Commercial Real Estate Group, Seth’s practice encompasses a wide array of matters pertaining to the acquisition, financing, leasing, co-ownership and development of commercial, industrial and multi-family real estate.
Seth represents developers and builders on their condominium and subdivision projects, handling the full project life-cycle, from the acquisition, financing and development of the lands to the sale of lots and units. His experience includes drafting condominium documents, agreements of purchase and sale for new homes and condominiums, Committee of Adjustment applications, land titles applications, development agreements, and the registration of subdivision and condominium plans.
Seth’s versatility, timeliness, big picture mindset and knowledge of the real estate industry have positioned him as a valuable trusted advisor with the ability to skillfully guide his clients through every stage of even the most complex real estate transactions. He regularly prepares and negotiates a wide range of real estate-related agreements and documents, including agreements of purchase and sale, leases, and loan and security documents. In addition, Seth often advises his clients on tailoring real estate ownership and joint venture structures, regularly preparing and negotiating co-ownership agreements, limited partnership agreements and management agreements.
Legal counsel to a wide range of businesses, Seth’s clients value his strategic advice and input. His experience in coordinating a legal team gives his clients the comprehensive advice and practical solutions necessary to make business decisions with confidence.
Credentials & Affiliations
- Community Involvement
- Ontario Bar, 2012
- JD, Queen's University, 2011
- Diploma in International and European Law, University Jean Moulin III, 2010
- BA (Honours Specialization), University of Western Ontario, 2007
- Advanced Certificate in Writing Proficiency, University of Western Ontario, 2007
- Ontario Bar Association - Real Property Section
- Canadian Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- International Council of Shopping Centres
- Building Industry and Land Development Association (BiLD)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Na-Me-Res, a non-profit organization which provides housing, support, and culture for Aboriginal men in Toronto. Na-Me-Res is a safe space for Aboriginal men to learn new skills and live healthy lives.
- Member of the Board of Directors, UJA Genesis (a division of UJA Federation of Greater Toronto), a non-profit organization that brings together volunteerism, mentorship, leadership, Jewish connective experiences, and philanthropy into one initiative whose mission is to foster a culture of giving.
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, TO Live, the municipal Board which oversees the business affairs of the management and operation of Toronto's civic theatres (Meridian Hall, formerly Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre, formerly Toronto Centre for the Arts)
- Steering Committee Member, Magna Carta Canada, a non-profit organization bringing an original copy of the Magna Carta and the Charter of the Forest to Canada for a four city tour in 2015
- Volunteer, Ve’ahavta Poverty Reduction Outreach Program, Mobile Jewish Response to Homelessness