David M. Golden
David chairs the firm’s Health Care Institutions Group and co-chairs its Health Law Group. David’s civil litigation practice focuses on commercial litigation, health law and professional liability. He regularly appears before all levels of court, boards and tribunals that regulate the health care industry and the professions. David also represents barristers, solicitors and engineers in all courts and at arbitrations/mediations with respect to errors and omissions claims.
He routinely represents clients in commercial disputes that are resolved at trial or through mediation/arbitration.
David is counsel to the Ontario Long Term Care Association and the Ontario Retirement Communities Association.
David has lectured extensively on health law issues to both lawyers and health care professionals and regularly publishes articles on health law topics. He is frequently invited to participate as a conference speaker. David is also a current member of the firm’s Management Committee.
Credentials & Affiliations
- Community Involvement
- Ontario Bar, 1985
- LLB, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1983
- The Advocates' Society
- Ontario Bar Association
- Past Chair of the Health Law Sections of both the Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Past Member, Canadian Bar Association’s national task force on health care resource allocation
- Program Chair, The 2020 Guide to Legal Risk Management in Long-Term Care, York University, Osgoode Professional Development
- National Secretary/Board Member – Jerusalem Foundation of Canada