Neil M. Abramson
A partner in the firm’s Litigation Group and Chair of our Health Professionals Group, Neil Abramson has built a robust law practice that encompasses a broad range of civil litigation matters. Whether you are an individual or a corporation seeking legal counsel, Neil’s expertise and experience have resulted in his proven track record of exceptional client representation in a wide variety of legal disputes. His unique ability to analyze any problem from many different perspectives, coupled with his outstanding oral advocacy skills, make him an invaluable member of any client team.
He skillfully guides and counsels corporate and individual clients on matters ranging from complex commercial disputes to all manner of torts, such as defamation, negligence and employment law. A significant portion of Neil’s practice is devoted to the defence of health professionals, where he regularly defends clients in hearings before the Discipline Committees of the various Colleges regulating health professionals in Ontario and appears on appeal before all levels of court. He has also acted for many medical staff associations and physicians in numerous hospital privilege disputes. Whether you are a plaintiff, defendant or regulated health professional, you will definitely want Neil on your side.
Well known and respected throughout the profession, Neil is certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Health Law and in Civil Litigation, making him one of only a handful of lawyers in Ontario who is a Certified Specialist in both areas of practice.
For nearly 30 years, Neil has been a sought-after presenter and author on a broad range of topics related to healthcare law and litigation. He has been repeatedly recognized by his peers—nationally and internationally—as a leader in the areas of Healthcare Law and Professional Liability in some of the most respected directories in the legal profession and is on the Canadian Dental Protective Association’s list of approved counsel.
Credentials & Affiliations
- Community Involvement
- Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Civil Litigation
- Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Health Law
- Ontario Bar, 1994
- LLB, University of Toronto, 1992
- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association - Health Law Section (Past member of National Executive)
- The Medico-Legal Society (Past Member of the Governing Council)
- Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Ontario Bar Association - Health Law Section (Past member of the Executive)
- Immediate Past President, Temple Sinai Congregation Toronto
- Former Director, The Leo Baeck Day School, Toronto