A partner in our Commercial Real Estate Group. Ken specializes in commercial leasing and the sale, acquisition and financing of commercial property. He acts for leading developers, retailers, landlords and tenants in retail, office and industrial properties, including acquisition and disposition of multi-unit residential properties, mixed use commercial developments and leasing of build-to-suit office and industrial properties, shopping centre leasing and acting on sale and lease-back transactions.
Ken was formerly corporate counsel in charge of the real estate legal department for The TDL Group Ltd. (Tim Hortons). He is a frequent lecturer and author on commercial leasing law for the Law Society of Ontario, CBA, ICSC and Federated Press. Ken is the past team recipient of the Rex Award for Office Lease of the Year. He is Co-Editor of Landlord’s Rights and Remedies in a Commercial Lease, A Practical Guide (2nd ed.), contributing author to Shopping Centre Leases (2nd ed.) and past consultant to Canada Law Book’s consolidations of Ontario Landlord and Tenant legislation.
In addition to The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, Ken is also recommended in The Best Lawyers in Canada® in Commercial Leasing Law and Real Estate Law.
Credentials & Affiliations
- Community Involvement
- Ontario Bar, 1991
- LLB, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1989
- Ontario Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association – Greater Toronto Chapter
- 2010 Real Leasing Conference Planning Committee
- Avenue Road Hockey League - Coached house league
- North Toronto Baseball Association - Coached house league and select baseball teams